This page outlines the game rules for games played in PBT’s 3 vs 3 Fall League.
- 20 minute, half court games with running clock; stop clock last 2 minutes on whistles and made baskets. Clock also stops for technical fouls when the referee informs the scorer that a Technical Foul has been assessed.
- Made shots from behind the 3pt arc are worth 3 pts; other FG are worth 2; Foul Shots are worth 1.
2-minute overtime followed by additional 1 minute overtimes. No sudden death.
- No “make it, take it”.
- NO STALLING: Due to the limited number of players on the floor, it is extremely difficult to defend a stalling offense; therefore, stalling is not allowed. Stalling is defined as not making an effort to attack the basket within 5 seconds. An attack is considered taking 2 steps toward the basket. The referee will warn the team after the first offense; subsequent offenses will result in technical fouls assessed to the bench (these T’s do not count toward removal of coach or player).
Checking / Takebacks
- The ball must be taken back (not checked) after each change of possession (steal, defensive rebound, etc). The defensive team must take the ball back even if the offensive team shoots an air ball. Failure to properly take the ball back will result in a stop in play and checking the ball (no turnover). If a basket is made after an improper take back, the basket will not count.
- The take back line is the 3-point arc.
- To properly take the ball back, the player with the ball must touch/go over the 3-point arc.
- The ball will be checked after each made basket and stop in play (i.e. violation, out of bounds) at the top of the key behind the 3 pt arc.
- When checking the ball, the offensive player tosses the ball to the defensive player who then gives the ball back at about waist level and in a manner that the offensive player can easily control the ball. Once the offensive player receives the ball, the game is live. Failure to check properly will result in a warning to the team. 2nd team violation will result in a technical foul.
- Each player is allowed 5 personal fouls each game.
- Fouls shots are performed the same way they are in regular 5 on 5 games.
- Bonus will occur on the 7th team foul. Double Bonus will occur on the 10th team foul.
- Any player receiving two technical fouls will be ejected from that game and will not be allowed to play in their next game.
- Substitute on any dead ball including made baskets; procedure is similar to regular games.
- First possession for the game and each overtime period is determined by rock-paper-scissors.
- Any player ejected for fighting will be expelled from the League.
- 5 minute grace period from start of game before forfeit is announced.
- Half court line is out-of-bounds.
- Each team should supply one responsible person to assist the scorekeeper. PBT Coaching staff will serve as refs and clock operator.
- 5-6th grade w/ 28.5” ball.
- Games can continue with a minimum of 1 player.
Probound Training is committed to keeping our athletes safe.
Masks are mandatory.